Go to New Address

Monday 6 June 2011

Top 3 Reasons Don Cheadle wasn't Right for IronMan 2

Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of Don Cheadle but I just wasn’t feeling that performance in Iron Man 2. The film was great, the graphics mind-frigging-boggling, Respect to Prologue. (for more information see our article here) but it was not a memorable action flick.
Don Cheadle killed the jokes
I mean when you pay your bucks to see an action flick you want to see an action flick the kind that gets your girlfriend all squeamish and running for the hills. I wanna see big booms, digital tech, drool-worthy cars and ummmm did i mention big booms. Humor for the most part is optional sometimes it’s there other times not. Hey that’s life.  Iron man 1 set the precedent in the humor department. Lt. Colonel James “Rhodey” Rhodes was a funny man, easy going in short ya best bud. Don Cheadle just couldn’t deliver.



                                                 From http://jollyandy.com/aspc/?p185
2. Badass Potential ---like Mr. Clean

Like I said nothing against Don but his believability in the bad-ass department I’ll be honest with you it kindda needs a little work. That’s ok. Not everyone can pull off being a BAD ASS. I mean Hugh Jackman , the Wolverine, went from gay performer on a Broadway Musical (the pics are hilarious by the way...and that’s why we linked it for your viewing pleasure) to the ANIMAL we know today....not an easy feat lol. Thing is Don lacked what his predecessor had, what Wesley Snipes in Blade, what Robert Downey Jr in Ironman, what Nicholas Cage in Ghost Rider had (no not tax evasion court cases) but A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E. Even though his predecessor Terrance Howard  (unbelievable that he was actually paid more than Robert Downey Jr. For his “role” in Ironman 1-  the motherload of all contract f*&k-ups) had fewer action scenes he was more comfortable in his role.


3.
Don Cleadle had some pretty good action scenes. Like I said the man can act. But in the end despite being in many scenes his performance was not memorable. Even Scarlett Johannsen’s 30 second kick-ass performance (who wouldn’t want to get their butts handed to them by Scarlett...girl was phenomenal) was more newsworthy...and I’m not just saying that


LIKE if you rewatched this scene like a million frigging times. It went so quickly it was a blur!!
Samuel Jackman’s performance was great as usual and convincing for the role of Nick Fury. Don Cleadle’s performance was great but not good enough to outshine those on this set. Mickey Rourke was fan-fucking-tastic. That man was so weird-badass that when that man asked for his bird...I didn’t dare laugh. EPIC I want my bird...MY BIRD.
                                         From http:www.marvel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment